How To Make A Succulent Wreath
Easily add some pizazz with this easy to make Succulent Wreath. The process will take some time, but if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, this will be a fun DIY project.
- 16″ Wreath Form with back
- 1 burlap bag
- 17″x17″ piece of coco fiber
- Sharp scissors
- Hot glue gun
- Cactus soil
- Several succulents (about 50- mix of small and large)
- Optional: Wreath hanger, greening pins (to hold succulents in place), Moss (to cover areas of burlap that you can still see).
- take burlap and lay it on top of the wreath form. Mold the burlap to the wreath form while doing this.
- Add cactus soil right on top of the burlap. Make sure to pack the soil in tight with your fingertips.
- Cut the excess burlap off. Make sure not to cut it flush with the wreath mold, but to leave enough excess to flip over in a following step.
- Cut about a 2″ hole out of the center.
- Place a back on top of the soil. The video suggests this is when you use the coco fiber. Cut the back to fit before placing it over the soil.
- Hot glue the excess burlap to the coco fiber. You may need to make some small cuts in the burlap in order to get it to properly lay down to be glued. This step can be time consuming, but make sure you take the time to properly glue the burlap down really well. This step is important.
- Secure the back of the wreath form in place.
continued on page 2 – (this keeps the website blazing fast)